After your pet's profile is published, to get your pet adopted, be sure to reply all questions in your dashboard "Messages" & review all Applications in a timely manner.
When someone applies for your pet, you get an email notification. Log in here, then...
- Screen the application. Applicants are NOT prescreened. It is up to you! Here's how.
- Interested? Click "Contact Adopter" on their application. Call them. Speak on the phone and ask lots of questions. Tip: Do not just text or email. Speaking on the phone is the best way to get to know the adopter and discuss your pet in detail.
- If the call goes well, set up an in person meeting with your pet and their entire household in a safe public place. (If your pet is a dog and they have dogs, dogs should meet too!)
- After meeting, discuss with the adopter. If you both agree you want to move forward, click "finalize adoption" to sign the adoption contract. That emails the adopter a link for them to pay and sign.
- After they sign and pay, you get the final "Congrats" email, so you know you can safely handoff your pet.
NOTE: Be sure to have the applicant meet your pet BEFORE you click "finalize". Finalize is the next to last step .
Not Interested? Please click 'politely decline'. This will send an email to the applicant to let them know you've decided to not go forward with their application. This helps them move on to help other pets that need forever homes!