1. Log in to your Rehome account and select "Applications" from the top menu OR click on the "New Application" box from your pet's "Dashboard".
If there is a number at the top, that is referring to the number of new applications:
2. When you click through to your application(s) you can review any new, already viewed or declined applications here. In the screenshot below you can see there is only one 1 new application on this pet:
3. Screen your pet's adoption applications.
Please be aware, we do NOT SCREEN applicants for you. Here's how to successfully screen applicants! In a timely manner; within 72 hours when possible respond to the applicant in one of two ways:
- If you would like to move forward with an applicant, you do not click "Finalize Adoption" at this stage. Instead, you'll reach out to them directly, by clicking, "Contact Adopter" on their application; this will reveal their contact info. See below, as this can be hard to find at first!
- If you do not feel it's a good fit for your pet, within their application, simply click the white "Politely Decline" button.
4. When moving forward with an applicant, the next step is to call them on the phone! When you click on "Contact Adopter" their email and phone will be displayed (see below). During this time, we encourage you (and the applicant) to ask as many questions as you may have, and if possible, to do a video call/facetime so you can see your pet's new potential home (and the adopter can see your pet).
Not so Fun Fact: If an applicant will not speak to you on the phone, that is a huge red flag.
5. If you and the applicant would like to proceed to the next step, schedule a Meet & Greet in a safe public place.
Check out our tips for a successful Meet & Greet and what comes next in our Step-by-Step Guide to Rehoming your Pet - start at #5!